Social Media Marketing Tactics | Hemp Marketing
This blog post is written for the dispensaries who may be bootstrapping their operation and may not have the funding to hire a marketing person to run their social media, writing blog posts, etc.
One of the best ways to market your recreational and/or medical marijuana dispensary is:
1. Social Media is the most effective and inexpensive (or FREE) ways to build your brand and connect with local consumers. The first thing you want to do is see what are other cannabis companies, marijuana dispensaries, and publications are posting that are relevant to the cannabis community.Take a look at their followers and try to connect with the people on these lists. There is a good chance they could be a bullseye client if they are local and also like a competitor dispensary in your area.Running local contests, incentives and deals can drastically help your local foot-traffic.
Write a prewritten message that you can copy and paste to potential clients through facebook messenger, instagram DMs comments and more. The best part about this strategy is the work is already done for you, so no more 30 minute sessions of banging your head against the wall trying to figure out what to write or post.
2. Content Creation is key for any business to stay alive in this day and age. Content is KING. Content is anything you post, from: Pictures, videos, blog posts, social posts, changing content on your website. One thing to always keep top of mind when you are first starting out and not really sure what to write and where to content from is, that news is happening in your industry every single day. One of the easiest ways to find something relevant to blog about is too scroll through cannabis related news. Find a trending topic such as: Golden Leaf acquiring Tahoe Hydro Co out of Carson Nevada for 53 Million or that Canadian Rules and Regs for cannabis are changing and becoming federally legal.
• Tap into trending events, people, and news (Stay up to date on your industry!)
• Inform rather than promote your product or service. Give people valuable and they will trust and respect you as a brand which is the first step to gettin that sale.
• Along with being informative, you also want to be entertaining.
~The High Chiefs~